How to use this site
This page covers some common issues users have when accessing the website.
If you can't find a solution to your problem or would like further help, then please contact us.
Please use the print firendly option at the bottom of each page.
Most of the files made available on the site will be either Microsoft Office or pdf files. Free software is available to view all these. We have made these available for you at the bottom of this page.
It is our policy to give you an indication of the file size for downloadable items so that you can judge whether or not it will take a long time to download on your particular connection.
The site search operates on:
- page title
- page content
- page metadata keywords. These are the words used by the writer to describe what information is on the page.
- attachment names
- attachment summaries
To use the search facility please enter the term(s) that you wish to search for and click the arrow or press enter on your keyboard. The search will find instances of any of your terms within the site so please choose carefully.
We are actively working on providing a more advanced search facility and will implement it as soon as we are confident that it is working correctly.
If you have difficulty in using a mouse or similar devices, you can use keyboard shortcuts. This website follows the Government access key system and information on how to use each of the keyboard shortcuts available is below. They enable you to navigate using only the keyboard.
Depending up your browser use one of the following:
- Internet Explorer 5+: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key, then press ENTER.
- Internet Explorer 4: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Internet Explorer 5+ for Mac: Hold down the CTRL key and select the number/letter of the access key
- Internet Explorer 4.5 for Mac: Access keys are not supported.
- Netscape 6+: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Netscape earlier versions: Access keys are not supported.
- Mozilla: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
- S = Skip Links
- 0 = Accessibility
- 1 = Homepage
- 2 = Search
- 3 = Site map
- 4 = Contact Us
- 5 = Widescreen/Narrow Screen
- 6 = Help
- 7 = Print Friendly
- T = Text Only
- B = Text Size Bigger
- N = Text Size Normal
- R = Text Size Smaller
If the text is too small for you to comfortably read then you can resize it accordingly. Instructions are given for major browsers below:
Internet Explorer 4
choose View>Internet Options…>Accessibility… and check the ignore font sizes specified on web pages option. Click OK, OK, and then you can alter the text size using the View>Text Size option
Internet Explorer (version 5 and later)
choose Tools>Internet Options…>Accessibility… and check the ignore font sizes specified on web pages option. Click OK, OK, and then you can alter the text size using the View>Text Size option.
All other browsers
these should be able to resize the text directly from the menu bar. Please see your specific browser help pages if you are having difficulty.